Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5615-ALEFAT-001
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Monday, September 09, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 15 October 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2320 and 2914 monthly gross salary, depending on the experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
A postdoctoral position is available in the Laboratory of Multimaterials and Interfaces tow ork on the development of redox active Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) and MOFs thin films.
The actual project is multidsciplenary and quite flexible, depending on the specific skills and interests of teh selected candidate.
The project deals ith the developmet of porous coordination polymers mainly based on porphyrinic linkers, along with the study of their structuring in thin films using the Moleacular Layer Deposition technique.
References related to the project:
1. A. Fateeva, P. A. Chater, C. P. Ireland, A. A. Tahir, Y. Z. Khimyak, P. V. Wiper, J. R. Darwent and M. J. Rosseinsky, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2012, 51, 7440-7444.
2. M. Lions, J. B. Tommasino, R. Chattot, B. Abeykoon, N. Guillou, T. Devic, A. Demessence, L. Cardenas, F. Maillard and A. Fateeva, Chemical Communications, 2017, 53, 6496-6499.
3. G. Mouchaham, B. Abeykoon, M. Giménez-Marqués, S. Navalon, A. Santiago-Portillo, M. Affram, N. Guillou, C. Martineau, H. Garcia, A. Fateeva and T. Devic, Chemical Communications, 2017, 53, 7661-7664.
4. B. Abeykoon, T. Devic, J.-M. Grenèche, A. Fateeva and A. B. Sorokin, Chemical Communications, 2018, 54, 10308-10311.
5. J. Canivet, A. Fateeva, Y. Guo, B. Coasne and D. Farrusseng, Chemical Society Reviews, 2014, 43, 5594-5617.
6. J.-L. Zhuang, A. Terfort and C. Wöll, Coordination Chemistry Reviews, 2016, 307, Part 2, 391-424.
7. E. Ahvenniemi and M. Karppinen, Chemical Communications, 2016, 52, 1139-1142.
8. I. Stassen, D. De Vos and R. Ameloot, Chemistry – A European Journal, 2016, 22, 14452-14460.
9. J. Penttinen, M. Nisula and M. Karppinen, Chemistry – A European Journal, 2017, 23, 18225-18231.
10. J. K. Bristow, K. T. Butler, K. L. Svane, J. D. Gale and A. Walsh, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C7TA00356K
-Classical synhesis of Metal Organic Frameworks (solvothermal synthesis mainly)
-Structural and textural characterizations, microscopy
-absorption spectroscopy studies
-post-synthesis modification of MOFs
-Electrochemical studies, electrocatalysis activity assesment
-Implementation of an ALD reactor for MOFs synthesis and MOFs post-synthesis modification
-structural studies and study of the epitaxial growth of thin films
-Study of the structure/property/activity relationship in these materials
-Presenting results in meetings
-participating in lab equipment care
The candidate should be very motivated by a multisciplenary project and:
-have a PhD in Chemistry (preferably inorganic/coordination/materials chemistry)
One or several of the following skills:
-an experience with the synthesis of coordination polymers and/or coordination compounds
-an experience with handling and working with air-sensitive compounds
-X-Rays diffraction (powder or single crtystals) and structural studies
-be eager to participate in national and/or international collaborations in the frame of the project
The LMI is a lab specialized in inorganic chemistry, our activities range from molecules to materials development.
The team CIMP (Inorganic Molecular Chemistry and Precursors) works on the design, synthesis and characterization or molecular architectures and materials.
More precisely for this project, we aim to develop stable redox-active MOFs based on porphyrinic molecules. The electrocatalytic activity of these materials is going to be studied for the activaion of small molecules (such as O2 and CO2).
Moreover, a part of the project will focus on the development of MOF thin film growth using molecular layer deposition (MLD) technique.
Materials cheractrization techniques are available in the LMI (XRD on powder and single crystals, thermal analysis, BET analysis, ellipsometry, electrochemistry) as well as on the campus (micrsocopy, XPS, HRXRD, NMR)
The position is part of an ANR project with a possibility of national and international collaborations.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!