Intitulé de l'offre : Postdoctoral position at the interface of semantic typology and psycholinguistics M/W (H/F)
Référence : UMR5596-RABMAK-009
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : LYON 07
Date de publication : lundi 20 novembre 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 11 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 février 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : €2934 monthly gross depending on experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 8 - (Doctorat)
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
Section(s) CN : Language sciences
The postdoctoral project will be carried out within the interdisciplinary research topic “Perceptual-motor constraints and linguistic variation” (CoVaLi), lying at the interface of the two research axes of the DDL research unit: “Linguistic diversity and its sources” (DiLiS) and “Development Neurocognition Disorders” (DENDY). CoVaLi gathers our expertise in semantic typology and linguistic diversity on the one hand, and in embodied cognition and neurobiology of language on the other, to investigate why some structures of meaning seem to prevail despite linguistic diversity. We specifically aim at investigating how the human sensory and motor systems may constrain the semantic domains of motion and/or perception and therefore account for some regularities among languages.
We are seeking for a postdoctoral candidate to work on a research project that fits into the CoVaLi theme and that is feasible within the duration of the contract.
DDL research unit:
CoVaLi transversal theme: http://www.ddl.cnrs.fr/equipes/index.asp?Langue=EN&Equipe=13&Page=Presentation&
DENDY research axis: http://www.ddl.cnrs.fr/equipes/index.asp?Langue=EN&Equipe=7&Page=Presentation
DiLiS research axis: http://www.ddl.cnrs.fr/equipes/index.asp?Langue=EN&Equipe=12&Page=Presentation
Françoise ROSE (director of DDL research unit):
Scientific contact for more information:
Véronique BOULENGER (coordinator of COVALI theme):
The postdoctoral fellow will work on a research project aimed at investigating the neurocognitive constraints on the expression of motion and/or perception, within the CoVaLi theme. This will imply organizing regular meetings with the DDL researchers involved in this topic. S/he will also participate in various activities organized at DDL (meetings, thematic seminars…). S/he is expected to present the results of his/her research at national and/or international venues and publish them in a peer-reviewed international journal.
• PhD in linguistics (description, cognitive linguistics, typology, language change, history and ecology of language and languages) or in cognitive sciences, cognitive psychology or cognitive neurosciences (psycholinguistics, language acquisition and processing, neurolinguistics).
• Solid experience in cognitive linguistics/semantic typology.
• Experience or strong interest in statistical analyses and programming are recommended.
• Training in experimental psychology (if PhD in linguistics) would be an asset.
Contexte de travail
The place of work will be the research unit Dynamique Du Langage (DDL), located in the Maison des Sciences de l'Homme Lyon Saint-Etienne in Lyon, France. French is the language of general communication in the workplace, but English is frequently used for scientific meetings and seminars. The postdoctoral fellow will be allowed two days of teleworking per week if s/he makes the request.
Contraintes et risques
• Application deadline: December, 10th, 2023
• Interviews and final decision: between December,11th and 15th, 2023
• Postdoctoral start date: February, 1st, 2024
The application must contain:
• A detailed CV including a full list of publications
• A letter of motivation
• A research project (3 pages maximum, references not included) which (1) explains the goals, hypotheses and methods of the project and (2) puts them in perspective with the state-of-the-art as well as with the scientific issues addressed by the CoVaLi research topic. Please also provide a tentative work plan, including a publication plan.
• Two letters of reference, to be sent independently by referees
Please note that applications must go through the CNRS job portal. No application will be accepted by email.
The contract can be extended for a month.