Intitulé de l'offre : Postdoctoral fellow M/F/+ 12 months, renewable: Synthesis of nanomaterials and study of their reactivity at the nano/bio interface (H/F)
Référence : UMR5563-ASTAVE-003
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : TOULOUSE
Date de publication : vendredi 17 mars 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 juin 2023
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : Gross monthly salary between 2805 € and 3963 € depending on experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Doctorat
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
Section(s) CN : Continental surface and interfaces
12 months fixed-term contract, renewable once.
The objective of this post-doctoral work is to control selected physical-chemical properties of nanomaterials (eg composition, shape, surface properties) for studying their fate on/in plant leaves.
Interested candidates are requested to submit online a detailed CV, an application letter and a reference letter. It is also encouraged to submit a research proposal of one page maximum.
The agent will be in charge of a research project focusing on the controlled synthesis of nanomaterials for the study of their reactivity on and in plant leaves.
His/her activities will consist of
- the search for candidate nanomaterials structures to study the role of their physicochemical properties in the crossing of biological barriers
- the by-design synthesis of nano-objects by varying one by one the core speciation, the specific surface area, the surface functional groups.
- structural characterization of nanomaterials (TEM, SEM, XRD, XAS), of their surface properties (BET, titration, FTIR...) and of their colloidal stability (DLS, zetametry)
- The implementation and the kinetic follow-up of the transformation of nano-objects in abiotic conditions, but also in contact with biological phases.
- Presentation of results at national and international scientific conferences and publication in peer-reviewed journals
- If interested, the agent will be able to take part in the isolation / purification of plant cells as well as in the characterization of cellular interactions and associated transformations.
- PhD in Environmental Engineering or Material chemistry
- Strong experience in the synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles and nanocomposites
- Enthusiasm for the exchange of innovative ideas within a multidisciplinary team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken)
- Independent time management
- Experience in the use of synchrotron radiation (XAS, XFM) and associated data processing would be a plus
Contexte de travail
The Geosciences Environment Toulouse (GET) laboratory is part of the Observatoire Midi-Pyrénées in Toulouse, France. 250 people are working at the GET, including 150 researchers and professors. It offers a multidisciplinary framework including geologists, chemists, biologists, physicists and sociologists. The candidate will integrate the research group “Georesources, genesis and sustainable management”.
The project is part of an ERC StG grant (LEAPHY) that started in September 2022, led by Astrid Avellan,.
That grant will also fund the running costs of this post-doctoral subject.
Occasional travel to large research facilities in Europe or to other laboratories will be possible, as well as participation in workshops and/or international conferences.
Contraintes et risques
Short trips in France and/or abroad are to be expected.