Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5558-ANANEC-001
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Wednesday, October 09, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2643 et 3766 € gross monthly salary, according to experience.
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The post-doctoral researcher will perform comparative genomics and transcriptomics analyses to identify non-coding RNAs that are potentially involved in gene expression regulation in placental mammals. This post-doctoral research topic is part of the LncEvoSys project funded by the ANR, aiming to evaluate the functionality of long non-coding RNAs with an evolutionary approach.
• Annotation of non-coding RNAs (long non-coding RNAs and microRNAs) in placental mammal genomes, using transcriptome sequencing data (RNA-seq).
• Gene expression analyses for coding and non-coding RNAs, using RNA-seq data.
• Reconstruction of gene family evolutionary history and identification of placental mammal-specific genes.
• Detection of segmental duplications in the placental mammal lineage.
• Inference of a gene expression regulatory network, ancestral to placental mammals, involving both coding genes and non-coding RNAs.
The recruited person will be in charge of these main tasks, together with Anamaria Necsulea.
• Participation in national and international conferences (oral or poster presentations).
• Participation in internal scientific events of the host team and laboratory (journal club presentations, internal seminars etc.).
The recruited person will be in charge of these additional tasks.
• Bioinformatics methods for the analysis of genome and transcriptome sequencing data.
• Bioinformatics methods for the analysis of gene and genome evolution (phylogenetic reconstruction, detection of duplicated genomic regions, etc.).
• Use of R for statistics and graphical representation.
• Additional programming language (Python, Perl, C++ etc.), for the treatment of large quantities of sequencing data.
The post-doctoral researcher will be hosted in the Biometry and Evolutionary Biology Laboratory (CNRS, University Claude Bernard – Lyon 1, VetAgroSup), in the Bioinformatics, Phylogeny and Evolutionary Genomics (BPGE) team. The laboratory hosts more than one hundred permanent researchers, who study various research topics in the fields of evolution, ecology and public health. The research interests of the BPGE team include genome evolution and functionality, the functioning of complex biological systems, paleogenomics and tree of life reconstruction, as well as the development of methods and databases for comparative genomics and phylogenetics.
The post-doctoral researcher will be supervised by Anamaria Necsulea.
Constraints and risks
There are no particular risks or constraints.
We talk about it on Twitter!