Intitulé de l'offre : Assistant engineer en molecular biology (M/W) (H/F)
Référence : UMR5554-SEBPUE-001
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : MONTPELLIER
Date de publication : lundi 20 novembre 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Technique/Administratif
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 février 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : between 2148 and 2273 € gross salary per month depending on experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 5 - (Bac+2)
Expérience souhaitée : Indifférent
BAP : Sciences du vivant, de la terre et de l'environnement
Emploi type : Assistant-e ingénieur-e en biologie, sciences de la vie et de la terre
As part of the ANR FunAdapt team project, we are looking for an assistant engineer [AI] with a good background in molecular biology and an interest in the evolution of microorganisms and long-read sequencing. As emerging fungal infectious diseases pose serious threats to public health and wildlife, food security and ecosystem stability, understanding the evolution of fungi and their adaptations to biotic and abiotic factors has never been more urgent. The aim of this project is (1) to characterize the genome architecture, content and variability of a pathogenic fungal species (Pseudogymnoascus destructans), (2) to identify the genomic regions of the pathogen that are involved in local adaptation and those that are particularly associated with key biotic and abiotic adaptations, (3) identify genomic features that differentiate pathogenic and non-pathogenic species, and (4) characterize the relationship between life-history traits, genome properties and evolutionary processes across Ascomycetes. The candidate will be in charge of coordinating the acquisition of molecular data for the project, in coordination with the permanent staff in charge of the laboratory.
- Molecular biology: extraction of long fragments of nucleic acids (DNA) for whole genome sequencing using Oxford Nanopore technology (ONT). Construction of short- and long-read libraries.
- Sequencing: sequencing of long-read libraries on GridION (ONT), data control and transfer.
-Culture: preparation of culture media, fungi culturing and culture maintenance.
- Sample management: Management of the project's biological samples. Regular updating of (i) an existing database referencing the samples and (ii) of the data management plan (DMP)
- Laboratory management: Management of consumables stocks, equipment maintenance, orders.
- Supervision: Training of students whose projects will require the acquisition of molecular data.
- Technical autonomy in molecular biology. - Knowledge and application of health and safety regulations.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to integrate and work as part of a team. - Fluency in written scientific English.
- Willingness to learn, improve, ask and answer questions. - Knowledge of cell cultures would be appreciated. As the list of activities envisaged in the project is relatively exhaustive and varied, we are looking for someone with previous expertise in molecular biology and experience of laboratory work, if possible.
Contexte de travail
For over 30 years, the Institut des Sciences de l'Evolution de Montpellier (ISEM - UMR 5554 - https://isem-evolution.fr/) (Triolet Campus, University of Montpellier, CNRS, IRD, CIRAD) has been developing research into the origin and dynamics of biodiversity, and the ways and mechanisms of its evolution. The position is funded by the ANR team project FundAdapt.
This project, which perfectly fit with ISEM's research themes, will be led by the Phylogeny and Molecular Evolution team (PEM - https://isem-evolution.fr/equipe/equipe-phylogenie-et-evolution-moleculaire/).
The experiments will be carried out in one of ISEM's three shared molecular biology laboratories.