Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5554-NICGAL-001
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Friday, November 01, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 6 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2600 and 3000 euros per monthes (gross salary) dependng on experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The post-doc will be in charge of the analysis of high throughput DNA sequence data generated in the context of the Pseudogamy project. The goal is to characterize genome evolution in nematodes having recently evolved a peculiar reproductive system, in which fathers only have sons and mothers a majority of clonal daughters.
- bioinformatic analysis if high-throughput data
- orthology prediction
- pyhlogeny, molecular dating
- population genomics, patterns of genetic diversity
- sex-linked gene expression data analysis
- estimation of the recombination rate
- good knowledge of the major concepts of molecular phylogeny and evolution
- experience with DNA sequence data analysis
- basic bioinformatic skills, bash scripting, high performance computing
- interest in genomics
- organization skills, inclination to team work
"Pseudogamy" is a collaborative project led by Marie Delattre (ENS Lyon), involving three research groups in Lyon, Rennes and Montpellier. The post-doc to be hired will be interact on a regular basis with project partners, and also with the members of the "Molecular Phylogeny and Evolution" team of ISEM (roughly 25 persons). The post-doc will be supervised by Nicolas Galtier with the help of Jonathan Romiguier.
We talk about it on Twitter!