Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5554-ALLEVI-008
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Tuesday, February 16, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2681 et 2877 euros bruts per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The person recruited will have the task of designing and setting up a bioarchaeological database containing all the archaeological and environmental information available on the archaeological sites studied in the framework of the DEMETER project.
The objective of this CDD is to :
1) Design and set up the bioarchaeological database of the project
2) Contextualize the archaeobotanical and archaeozoological assemblages (analysis of excavation reports and associated publications, contacts with those in charge of operations and specialists in the various data processed).
(3) Participate in the analysis and interpretation of species spectra and relative abundance data.
4) Produce local and regional syntheses of the bioarchaeological sites and assemblages studied.
5) Participate in the analysis and interpretation of results produced by other approaches developed in the project (e.g. climate modelling, geometric morphometrics).
This mission is part of the ERC DEMETER which aims to understand the factors involved in the evolution of domestic species over the last eight millennia in the North-Western Mediterranean Basin. Within this framework, a detailed understanding of the archaeological remains is essential.
The main activities of the CDD will be :
- Building and populating of a database
- Analysing of excavation reports and publications and gathering all archaeological and environmental information on the sites and archaeological assemblages studied.
- Preparation of data collection (choice of sites, location of assemblages, contact with those in charge of collections)
- Participate in the analysis and interpretation of biometric data, species spectra and abundance data.
- Writing syntheses
The person recruited will be required to have the following skills:
- Archaeology, archaeozoology (in particular applied osteology) and/or archaeobotany (in particular carpology)
- Excellent knowledge of the archaeology of the North-West Mediterranean (Catalonia and South of France)
- Excellent knowledge of the pre- and post-depositional processes of archaeological remains.
- Good knowledge of methods for analyzing bioarchaeological data, particularly faunistic/floristic spectra and abundance data
- Knowledge of databases and experience in managing large datasets
- Good knowledge of animal and/or plant anatomy
- Good level in spoken and written English
- Ability to analyze and organize the work, rigor, autonomy and good communication skill.
- Relational and teamwork skills
- Mastery of French is essential
ISEM is a joint research unit of Université Montpellier/CNRS/IRD/EPHE located on the Triolet campus of Université Montpellier. ISEM brings together 17 research teams working on the origins and dynamics of biodiversity, in an evolutionary perspective, at different scales of space and time. The CDD will be integrated into the "PAST" department and the "Biodiversity Dynamics, Anthropoecology" team under the direct responsibility of A. Evin, coordinator of the programme.
We talk about it on Twitter!