Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5520-MARLEO-001
Workplace : GIERES
Date of publication : Friday, September 06, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2500 et 3000 € per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The mission is part of the 2DVisc ANR led by the LRP. The aim is to develop original and experimental devices to measure the physico-chemical and mechanical properties of fluid-fluid interfaces. These properties are crucial to determine the evolution of emulsions, dynamics of coalescence, stability of foams and the behavior of microcapsules in drug delivery.
The scientific field is called interfacial rheology.
The postdoc will simultaneously develop two kinds of experiments:
- Development of a system of visualisation of interfacial motions by fluorescence. Determine the surface field of velocity.
- Compare with numerical results developed by M2P2, a partner of ANR 2DVisc.
- Development of this system on a rheometer
- Study of shapes and dynamics of droplets and bubbles in linear flows. Use high speed camera and microfluidics.
- Compare with numerical results developed by M2P2.
The mission will be easier to carry out if the candidate has one or more of the following skills :
- skill in experimentations and the development of original devices (not commercial).
- background in rheology
- skills in rheometry and capillary viscometer
- skills in high speed visualisation
- skills in microfluidics
- Good background in Soft Matter, Biophyics or Fluid Mechanics.
- Work independently and be proactive
The project is supported by the French Agency of Research and gathers three complementary teams : LRP (grenoble), LPS (Orsay) and M2P2 (Marseille).
LRP is located on the main campus of Gernoble-ALpes University. Many labs of physics, mechanics and chemistry are neighbours. The heart of LRP has a multiscale approach of rheology and chemical engineering of Soft Matter. LRP has approximately thirty members.
The postdoctoral candidate will be supervised by two CNRS researchers and will be part of the team which currently has four doctoral students. He will be able to mentor interns and collaborate with doctoral students.
Constraints and risks
On the one hand, samples may be prepared under fume hood if necessary. On the other hand, the mission will require the use of various devices for the diagnosis of samples.
We talk about it on Twitter!