Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5519-NATLAW-005
Workplace : GIERES
Date of publication : Monday, June 29, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : from 2648. 72 to 3054. 06 euros gross
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
LEGI sponsors Postdoctoral Fellowship to provide research opportunities for those who have earned a Ph.D. in an appropriate area in the past three years. The candidate is expected to interact with LEGI faculty in research projects of mutual interest.
The candidate should develop a high-level research in the main LEGI research fields (i.e. fluid mechanics and transfer for industrial and geophysical flows). His/her research activities should concern:
- the development of experiments and/or measurement tools based on LEGI facilities
- the development of new theoretical framework for fluid dynamic analysis
- the development of numerical simulations in this field
he candidate should have a strong background in fluid dynamic research, with skills in experimental, and/or theoretical, and/or computational analysis for this field.
The Laboratoire des Écoulements Géophysiques et Industriels (LEGI) is a Joint Research Unit (UMR 5519) of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), the Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble (Grenoble INP) and the Université Grenoble-Alpes (UGA). LEGI carries out a wide range of research activities with a common ground: fluid mechanics and related transport phenomena.
- Fundamental research areas to address major scientific challenges still facing fluid mechanics today (turbulence and waves; multiphase and multiphysics; thermal and bio-chemical transfers; fluid-structure coupling).
-To do this, various advanced scientific methods are used (theoretical analyses and modelling; numerical simulation and high-performance calculation; experimental facilities and instrumentation).
-The expertise developed at LEGI thus makes it possible to contribute to the development of various applications at the heart of today's major societal challenges (environment and climate; renewable energies; process engineering; health).
Constraints and risks
No risk identified
Candidates are required to submit the following on the job portal:
- A Curriculum Vitae - A brief research proposal on a fundamental or emerging engineering issue in the LEGI disciplinary area.
Two confidential letters of reference should be addressed directly to the Director. The author should send a letter to legi-direction@legi. grenoble-inp. fr
We talk about it on Twitter!