Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5506-ERIRIV-001
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Friday, July 17, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2462 to 2642 euros per months (including social benefit, but not including taxes)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
* Research engineer: algorithms and genomics
In the frame of a project funded by the Institut Français de Bioinformatique, this position targets an engineer with strong abilities in algorithmics. The recruited person, besides his/her participation in the analysis of genomic data for projects handled at the ATGC platform, will work in two activities:
1. the development of solutions for analysing Deep Sequencing data (aka, Next Generation Sequencing), especially on viral sequences
2. the conception of algorithms for indexing and compressing deep sequencing data.
On the first task, the person will continue the development of a sequence analysis tool for viral data, with potential application to Covid-19 genomes.
The second task aims at enabling the design of scalable tools that can keep up with the ever increasing flow of sequencing data.
- development of visualisation interface
- writing of reports, articles, or documentations
- oral communication
- interaction with collaborators
- help in organising and hosting training activities.
- front end application development
- advanced algorithmics (text indexing)
- knowledge in genomics
- ability to multidisciplinary interactions and communications
- communication in French and English.
Inside the LIRMM, and in the bioinformatic platform ATGC, which is headed by members of the bioinformatic research team:
- working time of the LIRMM (full time job)
- possibility of travels.
We talk about it on Twitter!