Reference : UMR5506-ABDKHE-011
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Monday, July 25, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 739.24 € - 3 869.89 € depending on experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Research and developments
- Design tactile sensors that can measure shear force between exoskeleton and human skin for online control of the exoskeleton;
- Optimize the parameters of the sensor (e.g., thickness and period of the magnetic film) to balance the sensitivity and range of the force measurement;
- Optimize the shape and size of the sensor to fit the shape and space of the exoskeleton;
- Develop effective algorithms to decouple normal and shear forces applied on the sensor in arbitrary directions.
- Design implantable tactile sensors that can measure 6-DOF displacements (translational and rotational) between the thigh/femur and the shin/tibia of the artificial knee joint for online control of the knee prothesis.
- Sensor instrumentation
- Flexible tactile sensors
This work is part of the Bionics initiative at the University of Montpellier.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!