Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5321-SEVBON-020
Workplace : ST GIRONS
Date of publication : Monday, November 09, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 3768 and 3938 euros gross monthly
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
In the context of the ECONECT project funded by FEDER (Research and Society, Occitania Region), the candidate will be responsible for the development and deployment of sensors to measure behavior, cognitive abilities, reproduction and the composition of bird communities. He will also be involved in the coordination and management of the project and the establishment of participatory science protocols. He will have to discuss with the different partners of the project and therefore be able to have a global vision of ecology, animal cognition and on-board electronics. It will ensure scientific monitoring of new technologies to study biodiversity in the natural environment. He will actively search for new funding and partners and will be involved in writing research proposals to enable the sustainability of the ECONECT project.
- Development of connected feeders and nest boxes
- Project management and training of technicians and students in participatory science protocols and sensor maintenance
- Collaboration with companies and researchers in computer science and electronics
- Big data analysis
- Writing articles
- Website management
- Financial arrangement
- Knowledge of behavioral ecology and animal cognition
- Experience with behavioral studies in passerines and reproduction monitoring
- General or specialist ringing license
- Training in the use of non-housed wild animals for valid scientific purposes
- Team and project management
- Experience in on-board electronics and animal-machine interaction
- Knowledge of multivariate statistics, image processing and machine learning
- Experience in setting up research funding
- Theoretical and Experimental Ecology Station, social evolution team (Alexis Chaine)
- Laboratory of functional and environmental ecology, sensor and environmental metrology platform (Arnaud Elger)
Constraints and risks
Field work in isolated conditions.
We talk about it on Twitter!