Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5290-SAMALI-006
Workplace : MONTPELLIER,MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Monday, October 12, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 9 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2300 to 2800 € nets based on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The researcher will work within the ERC EVOLPROOF project to better understand the ecology and evolution of human papillomaviruses (HPV). In particular, his/her work will focus on the immune side of the project. It will consist in analyzing samples already collected (PBMC in particular) and data already collected (flow cytometry in particular). This work will be integrated into the team's work on HPV viral load and the composition of the vaginal microbiota.
- development of experiments and analysis of immune profiles from PMBCs (immunophenotyping)
- analysis of flow cytometry data (FACS)
- cytokine profile analysis (MSD technique)
- bibliographical analysis
- writing scientific articles
- excellent knowledge and recognized experience in immunology
- excellent knowledge and experience in flow cytometry analysis
- good knowledge of statistics and data analysis
- excellent command of English (read, written, spoken)
- knowledge about the microbiota would be a plus.
The researcher will be part of the Theoretical and Experimental Evolution team based mainly at 900 rue Jean-François Breton. Due to the lack of space, the experiments will be carried out about 1km away on the IRD campus. The person will benefit from the same working conditions as the rest of the team, i.e. extremely limited office space, internet access, access to the IRD computing cluster, and mutualised services in the laboratories. He/she will interact directly with the project leader (Samuel Alizon), as well as with the team members (notably Massilva Rahmoun, IR in biological analysis).
Constraints and risks
The position involves the risks and constraints inherent in working in a biology laboratory (L2 in cell biology in particular). A strong constraint is the lack of space for the offices and the distance between the offices and the experimental laboratories.
We talk about it on Twitter!