Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5290-IGNGON-005
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Monday, December 16, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 2 March 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Depending on experience, starting at around 32000€ gross annually.
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Study the importance of fidelity and quality of biological information flow DNA >> RNA >> proteins, with a fundamental focus on the evolutionary consequences of changes in information transfer fidelity and an interest on host-parasite interactions. Specifically, we study the molecular impact and the cellular fitness cost of codon usage bias effects on transcription and translation.
- Comparative analysis of transcriptomic data, label free proteomics data, cellular cytometry, real time cellular growth.
- Advanced statistical analysis, result interpretation, report writing.
-If needed, methodological development.
- Contribution to the conception, and follow up of competition and selection experiments.
- Regular scientific article reading.
- Scientific article writing.
- Contribution to the scientific environment of the team.
- Students training and supervision.
- Contribution to the training and supervision on bioinformatic tools by other members of the team.
- Strong motivation and genuine interest on evolutionary biology.
-Ability to interact and to work with bioinformaticians and with experimentalists.
- Bioinformatics: analysis of transcriptomic and proteomic data; proficient use of R and bash and knowledge of a scripting language; conception and establishment of robust and repeatable bioinformatics pipelines.
- Evolutionary biology: the project addresses complex concepts on evolutionary biology (biological information transfer, codon usage, selection/mutation, multilevel selection, noise), as well as on cellular and molecular biology. The recruited person will be familiar with all of them.
- Advanced statistical analyses.
- Excellent English skills
- Writing and synthesis capacity: the project is now in a moment for strong scientific production. The recruited person will have strong synthetic abilities and very good writing skills, will be able to work autonomously both in scientific conception and in implementation of analyses.
Position associated to the ERC-Consolidator CODOVIREVOL grant.
12 months contract, renewable for a total maximum of 24 months.
Team webpage: http://virostyle.cnrs.fr/
Hierarchical supervisor, Ignacio BRAVO.
Constraints and risks
Full time on place, except eventual misions (in Montpellier, in France, or abroad).
Please include in the system (not by email) a motivation letter for this specific job offer, and the name of two persons that can be contacted for reference.
We talk about it on Twitter!