Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5277-EMIDUP-047
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Friday, October 04, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 30 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2600 and 3000 € gross salary per month
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The group « Planètes, Environnements, Plasmas Spatiaux » (PEPS) of IRAP (CNRS/Université Paul Sabatier) in Toulouse offers a two-year and a half post-doctoral position to investigate Sun-Earth relationships. This project, funded in part by a European project, aims at connecting various physical models for applications in space weather prediction.
The postdoc is expected to :
- Use existing numerical codes simulating the formation and propagation of the solar wind,
- add new modules to model more accurately certain regions,
- work in collaboration with the current science and technical teams in the group
The candidate is expected to have :
- expertise in numerical modelling of space plasmas,
- very good organisation and presentation skills,
- a very good level in English (written and spoken).
The candidate is also expected to work as part of a large team.
The candidate will work in the PEPS group at IRAP. IRAP is a joint research unit (JRU n°5277) of Université Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier (UPS) and the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS). The PEPS group works on all areas of space physics from the Sun to the Earth's ionosphere.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!