Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5266-GUYCHI-003
Workplace : ST MARTIN D HERES
Date of publication : Thursday, January 07, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : from 2437€ per month
Desired level of education : Higher than 5-year university degree
Experience required : Indifferent
The recruit will be hosted at SIMAP laboratory where he/she will benefit from the environment and the experience of both researchers and technical staff. In this framework the recruit shall:
• Design a working plan in collaboration with SIMAP researchers and engineers from the industrial partner;
• Draw up a scientific overview of the subject and integrate industrial details linked to the subject;
• Propose experimental protocols, taking benefit from the experience of SIMAP laboratory in high temperature processes;
• Carry out deoxidation experimental trials;
• Perform characterizations within the University characterization platform
• Report to the research team and to the industrial partner
• Design the working plan;
• Carry out experiments;
• Perform characterizations
• PhD or Engineer in Materials Science
• Background in Materials processing, thermodynamics, mass transport, chemical reactivity
• Background in Materials characterizations (chemical analysis, SEM, XRD...)
Production of Silicon for Phovovoltaics goes together with the waste of huge amounts of materials (~50%), mostly due to the sawing of bulk ingots into thin wafers. As Silicon in kerfs is still highly pure, recovering Silicon powder from coolant is not only a powerful way to improve dramatically both energy and carbon footprints of the PV industry at a global scale but offers the potential to develop a brand new business based on innovative and novel processes.
SIMAP laboratory investigates deoxidation and conditioning mechanisms of molten Silicon applied to kerf recycling. A close collaboration with a startup company should allow to propose and develop innovative industrial processes.
In this context the job position mainly consists in carrying out melting and deoxidation experiments of i)model and ii) industrial kerf samples, together with Silicon conditioning to provide tailored raw material. Experiments ought to be interpreted in a bibliographic context, and analyzed by additional characterizations (chemical and structural).
Founded in 2007, SIMAP brings together about 200 collaborators: 60 faculties and researchers, 42 technical and administrative staff, 80 PhD.
The laboratory is localized on the « east campus » of Grenoble, on the city of Saint Martin d'Hères.
Researchers are in the fields of chemistry, physics, mechanical properties of materials and fluids and heat science and work on the conception of processes and synthesis of materials. SiMaP is one the leading laboratory for physical metallurgy and thermodynamics as well as architectural materials.
Research works and projects are focused on three main objectives:
• Process conception and development
• Microstructure and materials architectures properties relationships
• Materials sustainability
Works are led in the framework of experimental activities of synthesis, processing, characterization and measures as well as simulations and modeling at nearly all scale in space and time.
SIMaP is leader for in situ characterization (in temperature, under magnetic, electric field or in microgravity) and for the coupling of properties analysis and measurements (mechanical-electrical-chemical)
We talk about it on Twitter!