Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5266-GUYCHI-002
Workplace : ST MARTIN D HERES
Date of publication : Monday, September 07, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2648.79 and 3054.06€ gross wage depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
- In close collaboration with researchers from the laboratory and the industrial partner, define and design a detailed work plan;
- Report on the scientific literature in relation with the subject
- Lead oxidation/deoxidation experiments
- Perform characterizations
- Actively develop the model describing involved phenomena;
- Periodically report to the research team and the industrial partner
- Definition of the work plan
- Performing experiments
- Performing characterizations
- PhD in Materials Science
- Knowledge and competences in materials processing, thermodynamic, mass transport and chemical reactivities
- Experience in microscopy and structural characterizations
Composites materials are ongoing a rapid development in high added value applications, and more specifically whose regarding transport due to their excellent mass/mechanical properties performance ratio. For that purpose, implementing infiltrated SiC matrix is of particular interest but impose a reliable and reproducible control of the process.
In a collaboration with a main industrial in this sector, SIMAP laboratory will investigate deoxidation mechanisms of Silicon Carbide to propose improvements to current industrial process.
The present job opportunity aims at realizing controlled oxidation and deoxidation experiments with model samples, microscopic and structural characterizations, together with the development of a simplified model.
Administrative attachment: Grenoble INP, CNRS, UGA
Location: SIMAP laboratory, Grenoble, France
We talk about it on Twitter!