Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5263-ANNCAM-013
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Thursday, November 28, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2620 to 3730 € gross per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The missions to be assumed by the candidate are part of the ACCESSPACE research grant.
The final objective of the project is to design and evaluate different tasks in order to study the development of spatial language and cognition (allocentric and egocentric ways of locating oneself or objects in space) in the course of development of typical and visually impaired (VI) children, adolescents and adults. More precisely the tasks designed will included collaboration between pairs (VI and typical or mixed) and one of them will propose a collaborative game between VI people relying on the uses of little robots (Ozobots) moving on a board. These robots may represent persons moving in a building. The candidate will lead the development of the protocol, data collection, data analysis and dissemination of results.
The successful candidate's activities will include, in close collaboration with the ACCESSPACE project research team:
- Leading the design and operationalization of experimental protocols implemented as part of the project, including the development of a collaborative game with little robots.
- Conducting data collection within partner colleges (organization and conduct of experiments).
- Conducting the processing and statistical analysis of the quantitative and qualitative data collected during the experiments.
- Valuing the results obtained, through the writing of scientific articles, scientific communications and dissemination to the teaching public and the general public
- Profile of the candidate sought:
o Diploma : PhD in psychology or cognitive science
o Required competencies
The candidate shall:
o Apply theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of cognitive psychology
o Implement skills related to the experimental method
o Work in teams with the project research team and different educational and institutional partners ( teachers, etc.)
o Have skills in statistics and data analysis tools
o Know how to write scientific articles
o Have skills in analyzing traces of student activity in the field of collaboration and verbal interactions in a learning situation.
The research will be conducted in collaboration with “Cherchons pour voir” Laboratory and IRIT and CLLE laboratories and several partners in the field of education and handicap.
The working place will be located in CLLE laboratory (UT2J) or in IRIT laboratory(UPS), in Toulouse.
Constraints and risks
Several trips in the Occitania Region but also in France will be made to conduct data collection and disseminate the results.
More informations on the CLLE laboratory on :
Contract duration : 18 - 20 months.
- Contact person for any information on the position : Valérie Tartas (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Christophe Jouffrais (email@example.com)
We talk about it on Twitter!