Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5254-SOPPUY-032
Workplace : MONT DE MARSAN
Date of publication : Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 3 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2 648.79€ gross monthly
Desired level of education : Higher than 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Within the UPCYCUIR project financed by the Nouvelle Aquitaine Region and a consortium of industrial partners, the candidate, recruited by the CNRS, will be responsible for developing innovative products based on recycled leather. He/she will also work on developing biobased binders for the wood industry to develop new composite materials with micro and nano collagen fibres from leather.
- Carry out a rigorous bibliographical study
- Set up experiments using the current laboratory equipment and those newly acquired by the teams involved in the project.
- Supervise several trainees (2 to 5 years of higher education).
Regularly present the results to the project consortium members and at international events for non-confidential aspects of the research.
- Strong interest in the environmental cause and a desire to work towards developing a circular economy and the valorisation of waste.
- Trained as an organic chemist or materials engineer, specialising in biopolymers or biosourced molecules.
- Ability to interact in a multidisciplinary research environment.
- Ability to lead applied research activities.
- Willingness to invest in a long-term industrial partnership project.
- Knowledge of synthesis, polymerisation, implementation, and characterisation techniques for materials.
- Autonomy in the conduct of his/her work. The work concerns the development of new leather destructuring processes and the development of new composites.
- Scientific skills.
- Good command of the English language.
- Ability to work in a team.
The work will take place at the Institute of Analytical Sciences and Physical Chemistry of the Environment and Materials (IPREM) CNRS / UPPA Joint Research Unit (UMR 5254) on its site in Mont de Marsan (France) in the Xylomat technical platform. The permanent team comprises a full professor and a lecturer working in the Department of Materials Science (SGM), also members of IPREM. The non-permanent team consists of one junior chair (BOIS) researcher, four postdoctoral researchers and six PhD researchers.
The framework of UPCYCUIR concerns the reinforcement of the circular economy of the leather industry and the exploration of new techniques for the transformation of its waste to develop new uses for destructured leather fibres. We will also work on the development of new wood-based composites. These objectives will be developed by starting with a molecule (cysteine) that we wish to extract from leather co-products.
For more information, contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Constraints and risks
Significant work is expected to be done according to the expectations of the industrial partners involved in the project.
The project comprises high confidentiality due to the industrial perspectives.
We talk about it on Twitter!