Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5254-SOPPUY-017
Workplace : PAU
Date of publication : Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 5 July 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between €2.648 and €3.054€ gross monthly depending on experience.
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The candidate will take a leading role in comprehension of bio-based functional (macro)molecules spontaneous self-assembly by solvent evaporation and the multi-scale characterization of their resulting (nano)structuration. The physical chemistry properties of bio-inspired films on diverse substrates and the interactions with light will be also characterized.
- Developing the elaboration, the characterization and the self-assembly in films of the functional (bio)(macro)molecules for diverse surface applications.
- Studying and optimizing the film-formation properties in terms of kinetics of solvent evaporation and structuration on diverse substrates but also the following film interactions with light.
- Redaction of manuscripts and reports, publication and presentations in English of the research results in the framework of the consortium.
- Assistance with writing IP protection documents.
- Ph.D in physical chemistry of soft matter/polymers
- Strong background in physical chemistry of self-assemblies from molecular to macromolecular building blocks driven by solvent evaporation, to lead to bio-inspired functional films.
- Multiscale characterization from local structuration to macroscopic behavior of films under light illumination.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required for this position, especially in the context of a highly multidisciplinary topic within the collaborative project.
The candidate will join the Bio-inspired Materials group BIMG in the IPREM CNRS Institute UMR 5254 at the University of Pau & Adour countries (South-Western France). Short week-stays in Paris are to be expected. IPREM is seeking an outstanding, highly motivated candidate for an asap postdoctoral researcher position in the field of (macro)molecular structured self-assembly, physical chemistry and film-formation properties on biological substrates, within the framework of a collaborative project with a world-class leader industrial partner, leader in his field.
Constraints and risks
Nothing to report
For information on the project and position, interested candidates are encouraged to contact Pr. Laurent BILLON, leader of the Bio-inspired Materials group BIMG: Functionality & Self-assembly, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a CV, brief description of research interests, and contact information for at least one professional reference.
We talk about it on Twitter!