Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5254-SOPPUY-016
Workplace : PAU
Date of publication : Wednesday, April 07, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 4 months
Expected date of employment : 16 August 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between €2 648 and €3 768 gross monthly
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The researcher will be in charge of the method development and coordination of the acquisition and collation of mass spectrometry data for the identification and determination of antibiotics in environmental waters from the POCTEFA region. He (she) will interact within an interdisciplinary consortium of a dozen of permanent researchers, post-docs and Ph.D. students in the fields of microbiology, ecology, and animal farming from the POCTEFA OUTBIOTICS project. One of his(her) tasks will be feedback and advice on the conception of the experiments to maximize the quality of the MS data obtained. He (she) will interact with the engineers in charge of the running and maintenance of the MS platform including 3 LC- MS Orbitrap and several LC-ICP MS systems.
- Develop analytical methodologies
- Prepare samples for analysis to be performed
- Conduct the experiments to optimize the results by adjusting the analytical methodology
- Extract raw results, format and present them
- Write analysis reports and scientific publications
- Introduce users to techniques and transfer the know-how
- Interact with the interdisciplinary partners of the POCTEFA network
- PhD in in analytical or environmental chemistry
- Sound background in mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography method development is required. Elements of biostatistics and bioinformatics are a plus.
- Fluent knowledge of English and scientific articles writing skills.
- Good organization and communication skills
The Institute of Analytical Sciences and Physico-Chemistry for Environment and Materials (IPREM) is a Joint Research Unit CNRS / UPPA (UMR 5254). The research activities carried out at the IPREM are focused on the development of fundamental knowledge in physico-chemistry, analytical chemistry and microbiology, in relation to applications concerning the structure of the living, the management of the environment and the functional properties of different classes of materials.
Constraints and risks
For more information, please contact : email@example.com
We talk about it on Twitter!