Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5253-SEBCLE-003
Workplace : MONTPELLIER,MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Thursday, October 08, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 4 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2648€ and 3881€ monthly gross income
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
This postdoctoral research position is related to the FET-OPEN European Project entitled Progeny aiming at exploiting soap films as advanced functional materials to be used in fundamentally new type of biomimetic devices and sensors. As such, the aim will consist in modifying 1D molecular pi-conjugated wire to create novel surfactants exploiting our expertise in the synthesis of conjugated pi-polylectrolytes. These electronic molecules will be designed to significantly reduce surface tension in aqueous solution, self-assemble at water-gas interfaces and mechanically stabilize a new class of electronic soap films.
The key activity will consist in synthesizing a new type of surfactants based on pi-conjugated molecules/(oligomers) whom electronic properties will be exploited for the development of opto-electro-mechanical systems. Examples of the tasks related to this aim are (non-exhaustive list):
- Synthesis of the surfactants based on pi-conjugated molecules, oligomers and polymers,
- Characterization of the synthesized structures (NMR Spectroscopy, mass spectrometry,…),
- Study of the properties of the surfactants (solubility, adsorption at the interfaces…)
- Influence of the structure on the soap film properties (Stability, thickness…)
In addition to these tasks, the candidate will :
- ensure the follow-up of the european project by participating to the writing of the scientific reports
- share his(her) results with the other partners of the consortium through the project meeting planned every six months
- spend short research stays in other French or foreign research groups in the course of the project,
- communicate the obtained results through the writing of scientific articles and the participation to conferences/workshops.
- PhD in chemistry with a strong background in in the design of pi-conjugated molecules, (oligo) and polymers.
- Additional skills in soft matter and/or physical chemistry of interfaces would be highly appreciated
- Fluency in English
- Capacity to disseminate scientific results
The Institute Charles Gerhardt Montpellier (ICGM), Institute for Molecular Chemistry and Material Sciences is a multidisciplinary laboratory working in the fields of Energy, Environment and Health. Organized in five scientific departments, it represents 240 permanent staff and over 200 non-permanent staff (including doctoral students, post-doctoral students, and visiting/guest researchers). The candidate will joint the "Molecular Chemistry" Department and will join the group "pi-conjugated materials". The candidate will be supervised by Pr. Sébastien CLEMENT and Dr. Sébastien RICHETER
Constraints and risks
No specific risks
We talk about it on Twitter!