Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5248-PETKRA-002
Workplace : PESSAC
Date of publication : Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : betwenn 3768 and 4102.61 € gross salary according to experiment
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Over 10 years
A post-doctoral researcher position in the molecular mechanisms of bacterial secretion systems.
Bacterial secretion systems are membrane macrocomplexes that play an important role in biofilm formation, bacterial cell physiology and pathogenicity, and are important targets in the development of new anti-infective drugs. This project aims to understand the molecular mechanisms of the function and the pharmacology of these macromolecular systems.
This position is assigned to the CBMN laboratory (UMR5248), within the team of Dr. Petya Krasteva whose theme is "Structural Biology of Biofilms"
- Development of protocols for the expression and purification of proteins and membrane, cytosolic and / or periplasmic complexes in different heterologous systems. Including small and large scale cultuures.
- Development and realization of solubilization and protein stability tests, as well as functional assays.
- Perform protein crystallization screens and contribute to the design of crystal optimization methods.
- Data collection at X-ray synchrotron facilities in France and abroad.
- Preparation of samples for cryo-electron microscopy (cryoEM), data collection and analysis
- Analysis of the scientific literature, preparation of presentations, scientific communication
- Production and purification of plasmid DNA in milligram quantities.
- Cloning, mutagenesis, design of expression constructs and molecular biology protocols
- (Membrane) protein purification, including high-throughput solubilization screens and liquid chromatography techniques.
- Protein biochemical characterization including knowledge in enzymology.
- Protein crystallization, including experience with high-throughput crystallization screening robots, and crystal optimization techniques.
- X-ray diffraction data collection and structure determination.
- Experience with single-particle electron microscopy, including cryo-EM.
- Experience with cryo-EM data processing.
- Experience in training students and postdocs -Experience in organizing travels to synchrotrons or other facilities for data collection, as well as, handling diffraction/cryo-EM data.
In October 2019, Dr. Krasteva's team joined the European Institute of Chemistry and Biology in Pessac. It is an incubator for project teams working on chemistry and biology. This institute brings together 16 research teams, representing approximately 200 staff. The post-doctoral researcher will benefit from an extremely stimulating scientific environment and access to technological platforms.
The offer is for a 12-month contract funded on an ERC project.
Constraints and risks
ERC StG BioMatrix à Krasteva PV
We talk about it on Twitter!