Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5245-REGCER-001
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Monday, February 04, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 15 April 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : raw salary : 2530.09€ per month
Desired level of education : Higher than 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Within the ANR project "Resilience", the postdoc will contribute to the design and implementation of field experiments in French Guiana. Experiments will aim at disentangling the effects of functional traits, community structure and meta community dynamics on ecosystem resilience. The postdoc will conduct the data analyses and interpretations, and will lead the writing of those manuscripts related to the experiments.
- participating to project meetings to design experiments and communicate results
- implementing experimental protocols in the field (French Guiana) and in the laboratory (e.g., manipulating invertebrates), collating and organizing data
- analysing and interpreting data
- writing scientific papers
- theoretical background: community ecology, trait-based ecology, food webs, meta community dynamics, ecosystem functioning
- identifying invertebrates, at least at genus level
- being familiar withe experimental designs in ecology
- very good level in ecological statistics (multivariate, univariate) and linear modeling
The postdoc will be based at Ecolab, the Dept of Functional Ecology & Environment at Univ Toulouse 3. Ecolab hosts 170 staff, including 80 permanent staff. He/she will join the team CIRCE - community ecology that has 25 staff, and will be under the responsibility of the PI of the ANR project Resilience. The aim of the team is to decipher the mechanisms behind the assembly and functioning of ecological communities subjected to environmental constraints, to understand the role of complexity in the stability of ecosystems.
Constraints and risks
Field missions in French Guiana, with durations of 2 weeks to 2 months
Yellow fever vaccine compulsory
We talk about it on Twitter!