Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5208-VINCAL-001
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Tuesday, February 05, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 September 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between €2555.39 and €3544.92 monthly, before taxes, depending on the fellow's experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The postdoctoral fellow will participate in the european project MESOPROBIO, focused on the analysis of mathematical models (partial differential equations) for propagating phenomena at the mesoscale.
The postdoctoral fellow will make significant progresses in modeling, analysis or numerical analysis of PDE. He or she will develop his/her own project in close interaction with the PI. Selected topics are:
- Asymptotic analysis of kinetic equations and reaction-diffusion equations
- Numerical analysis compatible with the asymptotic analysis at the continuous level (AP schemes)
- Mathematical modeling in spatial ecology or evolutionary biology.
- A particular interest in mathematical modeling for the life sciences, and preferably some past experience in this field.
- A strong expertise in PDE, and preferably in asymptotic analysis, or in analysis of traveling wave propagation, or in numerical analysis.
ICJ (Camille Jordan Institute, UMR 5208) is located on the Doua campus, in Villeurbanne. The MMCS team involves approximately 70 researchers. Members of the team gather for the bi-weekly seminar, and some members also participate in a biomathematical seminar, and in an informal working group about problems in evolutionary biology.
The application must be done through the portal emploi.cnrs.fr
The applicant should provide the following informations and documents:
1) a cover letter,
2) a full CV with a complete list of publications,
3) name and contact details of two academic referees,
4) a short research statement (no more than two pages).
We talk about it on Twitter!