Reference : UMR5200-EMMBAY-014
Workplace : VILLENAVE D ORNON
Date of publication : Monday, August 1, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 30 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : from 2648€ et 3054€ euros gross salary depending of the experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
In the frame of an ANR PRC DIVCON, the Post-Doc the post-doctoral student will be in charge of studying the biogenesis of plasmodesmata during cell division in the model organism Arabidopsis thaliana. The project aims to understand the molecular mechanisms controlling the establishment of contact sites between the endoplasmic reticulum and the membrane of the cell plate, which are sites of plasmodesmata initiation. The candidate will work as an interface between the team of Marie Cécile Caillaud (RDP ENS Lyon) and the team of Emmanuelle Bayer (LBM, Villenave d'Ornon).
To establish and run experimental approaches such as:
• Realization/design of experiments for the analysis of the structure of plasmodesmata by electron microscopy in wild-type and loss/gain of function Arabidopsis lines.
• Monitoring in confocal live imaging of the establishment of plasmodesmata during cytokinesis using plasmodesma markers, cytoskeleton and probes for anionic lipids
• Implementation of genetically encoded tools aimed at modifying the dynamics of the cytoskeleton, and anionic lipids at the level of the cell plate.
The candidate is expected to:
• Have should have good knowledge in cell and molecular biology and plant development and genetics and biochemistry
• Have strong expertise in molecular dynamics to study protein/lipid interaction
• Have expertise in electron tomography, Image analysis and statistical treatment of data
• Be capable of working in autonomy, with rigor, and to work in team
• Have an excellent English level
• Have experience in plant biology
The post-doctoral fellow will work within the Laboratory of Membrane Biogenesis UMR5200 in an international research team.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!