Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5191-MAXPEN-005
Workplace : LYON 07
Date of publication : Monday, June 7, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : € 2 675 to € 3,978 gross monthly depending on experience and qualifications
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
Mission 1: Conceptualize, design, and implement a post-doctoral research project within the cited context, in collaboration with the ASLAN director
Mission 2: Manage, institute, and document procedures for research planning, data analyses,
and reporting of the research project in the context of ASLAN
Mission 3: Work alongside the ASLAN director to design, plan, coordinate, and implement logistical aspects of the direction of ASLAN
Mission 4: Lead and assist with the preparation of research articles, reports, grants and related materials
Mission 5: Disseminate research findings at academic conferences and journals
- develop an interdisciplinary research project that focuses in general on the multimodal co-elaboration of knowledge of individuals and groups that work together on finalized dialogue of some kind (e.g. debate, problem-solving, analysis, design…). Orientations will include studying how such co-elaboration interlinks two or more of the following: argumentation, explanation, emotion, learning, intersubjectivity and secondly, how productive co-elaboration can be supported (Mission 1, 2, 4, and 5: principal tasks)
- accompany the ASLAN director in animating the team science of the labex ASLAN (Mission 3: subsidiary tasks)
- A PhD. in cognitive science, language sciences, education, or an allied discipline
- Experience in working in interdisciplinary contexts
- A strong methodological background that is explicitly justified in terms of chosen epistemological approach
- Experience in analyzing multi-source, synchronized analytical objects (e.g. video, transcription, digital traces of human interaction), including quality control and ethics evaluation
- A desire to understand collaboration and why it is useful in society
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong professional writing skills, including research reports, peer-reviewed research
articles, or other print and electronic publications
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of French
The labex ASLAN — Advanced Studies on Language Complexity — gathers over 200 researchers from two French language sciences laboratories (ICAR, DDL) and one French computer science (LIRIS). ASLAN views language as a complex dynamic system and studies the acquisition, use, diversity, and history of languages, including their biological, cognitive, and social aspects.
The ICAR laboratory is characterized by multidisciplinary scientific activities in linguistics and didactics focused on the multidimensional analysis of the uses of language in interaction and in the text, apprehended in an instrumentalized manner on large corpora of interactive oral and textual data. ICAR is also part of LLE, the laboratory of education which hosts an incubator for interdisciplinary projects in the field of research on education and learning. The successful candidate will work closely with the director of the labex ASLAN, member of both ICAR and LLE.
1 year renewable contract
We talk about it on Twitter!