Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5128-CHRBOI-004
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Wednesday, April 07, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 June 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : From 2943 euros gross monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The research scientist will be located in the laboratory Catalysis, Polymerization, Processes and Materials (CP2M, UMR 5128). His/her research work will be performed in the framework of a collaboration program with an industrial company. The project tackles the design of catalysts and new polymers based on sustainable monomers using a solvent-free process. These new polymers feature a vast range of application in line with the policy of sustainable development of the industrial partner.
Focus on the preparation of unique supported molecular catalysts and the preparation of new thermoplastic polymers by coordination catalysis, the project requests a large range of skills and will need to learn several characterization techniques.
- Bibliographic search, writing of reports and of publication drafts and presentation of results (at meetings, seminars, symposia…)
- Synthesis and characterization of organometallic complexes and of molecular supported catalysts. Polymerization in gas phase process.
- Catalytic polymerizations including kinetics studies in high-pressure reactors
- Polymer characterization (SEC, HT-NMR), also including morphological analysis (microscopy, particle size distribution).
- Involvement in collective duties of the laboratory (e.g. monitoring of the stocks of consumables, person in charge of a shared equipment, etc.).
- PhD in coordination chemistry or catalysis with knowledge in polymer chemistry.
- Handling of air sensitive compounds
- Polymer characterization (liquid NMR, optionally 2D, FTIR, SEC, DSC)
- Good skills in English language (Presentation at meeting and writing of reports)
- Autonomy, anticipation, proactive spirit, spirit of initiative, being a source of proposals, teamwork skills
- Polymerization techniques
- Organic chemistry
- Morphological characterization (SEM, AFM, TEM including ultracyromicrotomy)
Since many years, the laboratory Catalysis, Polymerization, Processes and Materials (CP2M, UMR 5128), located in Villeurbanne designs supported catalysts for the production in particle-forming processes of new polyolefins or for improving the properties of commodity polymers.
The laboratory has long-term collaborations with international industrial companies and this study is performed in this frame. The researcher will be working in close collaboration with a major competitor in the field of high-technology materials. He (She) will be benefiting of a pluridisciplinary research structure of academic and industrial researchers.
Constraints and risks
Some meetings will occur at the industrial research center.
The applicant should provide a cover letter, a full CV (including the scientific production), a short research statement and the contact information of 2 references.
The deadline for applications is May 31 2021.
We talk about it on Twitter!