Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5126-EMIBAS-008
Workplace : TOULOUSE,TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Friday, October 09, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 19 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2648,79 and 3768,24 euros/month (gross salary)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
As part of the PRIMA IDEWA project, the postdoctoral fellow's mission will be to develop and test methods for retrieving irrigation amounts from the crop water budget modeling and remote sensing data. Such methods will be evaluated over the Algerri Balaguer area (region of Lleida in Spain) and over other experimental sites in the Haouz plain (region of Marrakech in Morocco) and will be implemented at larger scale within the Ebro basin (Spain).
- Getting started with the SAMIR/ModSpa modeling platform;
- Pre-processing the remote sensing data used as input to the irrigation retrieval method proposed by Olivera et al. 2020 Remote Sensing of Environment;
- Implementing the method using the Landsat temperature;
- Implementing the method using the Sen-ET evapotranspiration;
- Integrating the remotely sensed soil moisture in the method;
- Assessing the developed approaches using the in situ measurements of irrigation volumes and dates;
- Applying the retrieval methodology over several irrigated perimeters and sub-basins;
- Contributing to field campaigns in Spain and Morocco;
- As part of IDEWA, actively collaborate with a PhD student working on the estimation of drainge over irrigated areas and with project partners (notably IRTA, UCAM and Observatori de l'Ebre);
- Publising results in high-ranked journals.
- PhD in Remote Sensing, Hydrology and/or Agro-Hydrology.
- Necessary skills in programming and image processing.
- Interest in field work.
The posdoctoral contract will be funded by the IDEWA project (Irrigation and Drainage monitoring by remote sensing for Ecosystems and Water resources management, 2020-2023) selected by the PRIMA program (http://prima-med.org). While the work will be mainly based at CESBIO, mobilities (up to 12 months) in Spain and Morocco will be proposed within the ACCWA project of the Research and Innovation Staff Exchange Horizon 2020 program (https://accwa.isardsat.space/). Travel and living costs will be covered by a top-up salary of 2100 € per secondment month.
We talk about it on Twitter!