Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5126-EMIBAS-004
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2617 and 3017 gross monthly salary according experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The position is affected at Cesbio, Toulouse,France.
The position is funded in the frame of CCI Biomass project(ESA). It will consist in developing novel approaches aiming at the improvement of the estimation of the vegetation above-ground biomass at the global scale.
The job will be consist in:
- Reviewing the approaches based on SAR and the Water Cloud Model, and identifying and developping improvement pathways (taking into account environmental effects).
- Assessing the contribution of the joint use of tree cover (TC) and tree height (H) data, in particular through the inversion of the TC x H variable.
- Assessing the contribution of L-VOD data from SMOS, and in particular develop spatial disaggregation strategies for these data, in collaboration with the SMOS team.
The required competencies are:
- Proficiency in spatial remote sensing and in particular, knowledge and understanding of Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Skills in programming/computing, e.g. Python, Matlab
- Knowledge of image processing tools
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Autonomy and rigour
CESBIO is a Mixed Research Unit (UMR 5126) between Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES), Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD), Université Paul Sabatier (Toulouse III) (UPS), and a Unit Under Contract of Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA.
The work will be carried out in the BIOMASS team.
Constraints and risks
Short-duration missions in France and abroad are to be considered.
We talk about it on Twitter!