Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5108-DIEGUA-002
Workplace : ANNECY LE VIEUX
Date of publication : Sunday, October 10, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2663 to 3069 euros gross per month according to experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
- Collaboration with LAPTh staff, as well as with students
- Active role in lab's life, in particular as regards the seminars' program
- Interaction with the LHCb group in the adjacent LAPP building
- Brainstorming of novel observables to be measured at high-intensity experiments
- Calculation of decay processes, in the SMEFT framework. Estimation of certain precision corrections within the SM
- Model building, in particular on: interactions with new light particles, for example axions; the connection with thermal Dark Matter
- Expertise on effective field theories applied to flavour physics
- Pluses (not required to apply): Experience with advanced EFT approaches such as soft-collinear effective theory
- Being at ease with pheno analyses close to data, and concurrently with model-building tasks
- Familiarity with cosmology aspects such as the dynamics behind the formation of relic matter components, and axion cosmology
All this being said, applicants from all areas of high-energy phenomenology are encouraged to apply!
LAPTh is a CNRS theoretical-physics laboratory with a broad spectrum of expertise, ranging from particle phenomenology and its interfaces, to astro-particle physics, to mathematical physics. The position is intended for research in "high-intensity" phenomenology, including flavor physics, and searches for new light particles. On these aspects, the theoretical team is in direct interaction with the LHCb team at LAPP (experimental-physics laboratory adjacent to LAPTh) and with colleagues at CERN (which is 40km away).
Constraints and risks
The position is preferably addressed to candidates within 2 years since PhD attainment. The contract duration is 2 years -- pending additional funding. In order to apply, please proceed as follows:
A) Submit the following documents using this website
- a CV, including a list of publications
- a short (1-2 pages) motivation letter
[Tips: click on "Apply" above. A page in French will open. You can switch to English by clicking on a UK flag in the top-right corner of the screen.]
B) Arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to the address
(please specify the candidate's name in the subject line).
The application deadline is Dec. 12, 2021. Later applications will be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We talk about it on Twitter!