Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5108-DIEGUA-001
Workplace : ANNECY LE VIEUX
Date of publication : Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 October 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : about 2700 € monthly brut
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
- Collaboration with LAPTh staff, as well as with students
- Active role in lab's life, in particular as regards the seminars' program
- Interaction with the LHCb group in the adjacent LAPP building
- Brainstorming of novel observables to be measured at high-intensity experiments
- Calculation of decay processes, in the SMEFT framework. Estimation of certain precision corrections within the SM
- Model building, in particular on: interactions with new light particles, for example axions; the connection with thermal Dark Matter
- Expertise on effective field theories applied to flavour physics
- Pluses (not required to apply): Experience with advanced EFT approaches such as soft-collinear effective theory
- Being at ease with pheno analyses close to data, and concurrently with model-building tasks
- Familiarity with cosmology aspects such as the dynamics behind the formation of relic matter components, and axion cosmology
All this being said, applicants from all areas of high-energy phenomenology are encouraged to apply!
Theoretical-physics laboratory, with wide-ranging expertise encompassing hep-ph, astro-ph, phys-math. Physical proximity of experimental-physics lab, including an LHCb group. CERN is 40km away.
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!