Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5089-JERNIG-003
Workplace : TOULOUSE,TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 March 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : The gross salary will be from 2648 to 3054 € per month, depending on the experience.
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Tuberculosis is one of the top ten causes of death worldwide and the leading cause of death from a single infectious agent. Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb), its causative agent, is a highly successful intracellular pathogen that has adapted to subvert the function of phagocytic cells. To this end, it uses different strategies, many of which involve the highly abundant, structurally diverse, and potently immunomodulatory glycolipids expressed at its cell envelope. Although key strategies have been identified, the underlying molecular mechanisms remain to be fully uncovered. Hence, one of our team objective is to decipher at the molecular level the role and structure-function relationships of glycolipids in the innate immune recognition of Mtb. The candidate will purify and perform the structural characterization of newly identified glycolipids, and/or determine the ability and the underlying molecular mechanisms of selected glycolipids to modulate innate immune response and to contribute to Mtb virulence in macrophages and/or in mice.
In this broad context, several projects are possible depending on candidate's profile and will be discussed during the interview.
The candidate will purify and perform the structural characterization of newly identified glycolipids, and/or determine the ability and the underlying molecular mechanisms of selected glycolipids to modulate innate immune response and to contribute to Mtb virulence in macrophages and/or in mice.
- The minimum qualification: PhD degree in biochemistry, structural biochemistry or cell biology.
- The ideal candidate for this position should be highly motivated, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, leadership skills, and independent thinking and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in the fields of lipids, glycoconjugates or innate immunity will be a plus.
- Candidates must assume a leading role in a team involving several graduate and PhD students, and have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Candidates must have proven track record of publishing peer reviewed papers, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; they must possess a strong work ethic.
The IPBS provides an excellent scientific environment and is fully equipped with state-of-the art equipment needed to perform the projects, including NMR, MS, imaging, BSL2 and BSL3 facilities.
Constraints and risks
The candidate will have to work in a BSL3.
We talk about it on Twitter!