Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5086-CHRGRA-001
Workplace : LYON 07
Date of publication : Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 6 January 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2643€ to 3766€ gross per month based on previous experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
To contribute to the scientific topics of the laboratory within the framework of a project supported by the ANR which concerns the characterization of the cellular function of peptidoglycan synthase regulators in the morphogenesis and the cellular division of the pneumococcus.
- To perform the molecular biology and bacterial genetic approaches required for the project.
- To perform the approaches related to protein biochemistry required in the frame of the project.
- To perform the optical and electronic microscopy approaches needed in the frame of the project.
- Manipulation of radioelements (P32)
- Manipulation of BSL2 pathogenic bacterial strains (Streptococcus pneumoniae).
- To write technical procedures and scientific articles.
- To participate in the training of the new members of the team.
- Imaging of bacterial cells (phase contrast microscopy, epifluorescence, TIRF, FRAP, transmission and scanning electron microscopy)
- Molecular biology (PCR, cloning, site-specific mutagenesis ...) and bacterial genetics (construction of deletion mutant, translational fusions, insertion of inducible ectopic gene copy, Tn-seq, ChIP-seq ....)
- Protein biochemistry (SDS-PAGE, affinity chromatography, Western-blot, co-immunoprecipitation, ...)
- Experience in handling Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Relational qualities proven
The candidate will be part of the team "Pathogenic Bacteria and Phosphorylation of Proteins" of the MMSB unit. He/she will contribute to the team's main research topic concerning the pneumococcal cell cycle. The team currently consists of 6 permanent staff (DR, CR and MC) and 5 non-permanent staff (M2, doctoral students, post-docs).
He / she will work on a daily basis in relation with the researchers and students of the team.
Constraints and risks
The candidate will work in Level 2 Security Lab and in a Radio-Protected Environment.
We talk about it on Twitter!