Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5075-JOSRAM-025
Workplace : GRENOBLE,GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 2437 euros gross per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The selected applicant will be responsible for the development of innovative Cell-free approaches for the large-scale production of samples of complexes between the bacterial protease ClpP and its co-chaperones for structural, functional and dynamic studies using solution NMR and cryo-EM.
- Design and development of cell-free expression protocols adapted to proteins difficult to express in vivo
- Setup of protocols for the purification of large protein assemblies
- Design of functional tests
- Quality control (SEC-MALLS, EM negative staining, …)
- Production of samples for NMR and cryo-EM studies
- Advanced isotopic labelling in vitro: perdeuteration, specific labelling of methyl groups
- Participation in laboratory management and advice to users
- Technological and scientific watch
The applicant must hold a Doctorate in Biology, Biochemistry or Structural Biology. 2 years of research experience is required. The applicants should have skills in the following fields :
- Protein biochemistry.
- Experienced in the preparation of functional biological machineries
- Purification of large protein assemblies for structural studies
- Fluency in English for meeting and scientific presentation
The IBS is a research unit affiliated with the University Grenoble-Alpes, the CNRS and the CEA. It currently employs 280 people, including many students and post-docs from different countries. It has efficient and internationally competitive facilities in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, biophysics and structural biology. The Institute is a founding member of the Partnership for Structural Biology with prestigious pan-European institutes: the European X-ray synchrotron source, the European neutron scattering center, the EMBL Grenoble station, all located nearby and offering a strong international environment. Within the IBS, the engineer will be integrated into the Biomolecular NMR group with 20 members. He / she will interact mainly on the project with Jerome Boisbouvier and Lionel Imbert. The engineer will participate in the common management tasks of the group's biochemistry laboratory and will evaluate and validate the non-standard in vitro expression protocols.
Interested candidates should send a CV with a publication list, a cover letter and the names and emails of two references.
We talk about it on Twitter!