Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5075-JERGAU-001
Workplace : GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : gross salary : 2648€
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The successful candidate will study bacterial stress response using X-ray crystallography and/or single particle cryo-electron microscopy
The successful candidate will perform :
- Molecular cloning, expression, purification and biochemical characterisation of the proteins of interest.
- Preparation and optimisation of protein crystals and their analysis by X-ray crystallography.
- Quality control by negative stain EM followed by observation and high-resolution data acquisition by cryo-EM.
- Cryo-EM image processing.
- Atomic model building.
Technical and scientific skills
- Solid expertise in designing molecular cloning strategies, cloning, E. coli-based expression and purification of proteins.
- Autonomy in biochemistry and in protein structure solving by X-ray crystallography.
- Experience in single particle cryo-EM as well as proficiency in using the informatics tools necessary for image processing (Linux, computing cluster, image processing software) would be an asset.
Soft skills :
- Good oral and written presentation skills, writing regular reports on achieved experiments and contributing to the writing of scientific articles.
- Ability to work in an international and pluridisciplinary team
- Independent thinking, rigor and organization skills, participation to general laboratory tasks.
- B2 English level minimum.
The IBS is a research institute affiliated to the Université Grenoble-Alpes, the CNRS and the CEA. It currently employs 280 scientists, including many students and post-docs from all over the world. It enjoys access to high-end infrastructure and equipments in cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics and structural biology. IBS is one of the founders of the Partnership for Structural Biology (PSB) with prestigious european institutes : the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF), the ILL neutron scattering facilities, and the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) Grenoble outstation, all situated in the vicinity providing a strong international environement.
Within the IBS, the successful candidate will join the group of Dr. Irina Gutsche, “Microscopic Imaging of Complex Assemblies” (MICA).
We talk about it on Twitter!