Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5075-ERIGIR-001
Workplace : GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Tuesday, December 03, 2019
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2800 and 3800 € gross monthly depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The proposed project aims to exploit the nucleating and phasing properties of a family of lanthanide complexes, the crystallophores, to facilitate Structure-Based Drug Design approaches. It is part of a collaboration, funded by the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region, involving the ENS-Lyon chemistry laboratory, the EMBL-Grenoble high-throughput crystallization platform, and the companies Edelris and Polyvalan.
- Purification of proteins.
- Protein crystallization.
- Protein crystallography (Acquisition-processing of data from laboratory sources and synchrotron, determination and analysis of structures).
- Structural studies of fragment/target complexes.
- Proven skills in protein crystallization
- X-ray crystallography
- Knowledge of the analysis of protein structures with chemical fragments.
- Basic knowledge of protein production
- Team spirit, ability to analyze rigorously, taste for methodological developments, autonomy.
The project will be carried out within the ELMA group of the Institut de Biologie Structurale (IBS) in Grenoble, under the direction of E. Girard. IBS is a Joint Research Unit (UMR 5075) created by the French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and the University of Grenoble Alpes (UGA). The role of IBS is to develop fundamental and applied research in integrated structural biology. IBS offers access to a panel of biophysical characterization platforms and is a founding member of the Partnership for Structural Biology with prestigious pan-European institutes: the European X-ray synchrotron source, the European Neutron Scattering Centre, the EMBL Grenoble station, all located nearby and offering a strong international environment.
Constraints and risks
Potential work at night or at weekends (Synchrotron beamtime).
We talk about it on Twitter!