Intitulé de l'offre : Researcher in structural virology : cryo-electron tomography analysis of the Respiratory Syncytial Virus synthesis machinery (M/W) (H/F)
Référence : UMR5075-CYNDAV-051
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : GRENOBLE
Date de publication : jeudi 26 octobre 2023
Type de contrat : CDD Scientifique
Durée du contrat : 24 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 février 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : between €2905 and €3142 depending on experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 8 - (Doctorat)
Expérience souhaitée : 1 à 4 années
Section(s) CN : Molecular and structural biology, biochemistry
RSV is a major public threat, particularly dangerous for children and the elderly, with no therapeutic options available for the vast majority of the population. Understanding the mechanisms of RSV multiplication requires structural characterisation of the RSV RNA synthesis complex by cryo-electron tomography of biocondensates and development of novel computational tools required for this analysis.
Cryo-ET 3D image analysis, model building and, if appropriate, molecular modelling to understand the nanoscale organisation of the viral factories and solve the structures of the viral nucleocapsids withing the RSV biocondensates. Usage of existing state-of-the-art software and developement of novel computational tools where appropriate.
- Solid experience in single particle cryo-EM and cryo-ET.
- Proficiency in using the computational tools necessary for image processing (Linux, computing cluster, image processing software).
- Knowledge and experience in Python and deep learning frameworks would be an asset.
- Interest for experimental cryo-EM and cryo-ET and data acquisition would be a plus.
- Problem-solving ability, interest in biology and images, desire to work in an international and pluridisciplinary team.
- Independent thinking, rigor and organisation skills are essential.
- B2 English level minimum.
- This position is designed for individuals who are either experts in cryo-EM and/or cryo-ET with a keen interest in image analysis and method development, or experts in image analysis with a strong interest in biological images.
Contexte de travail
The Institute of Structural Biology (IBS) is a research institute affiliated to the Université Grenoble-Alpes, the CNRS and the CEA. IBS is a major national and international player in the field of integrated structural biology. It currently employs about 300 scientists, including numerous students and post-docs from all over the world, and benefits from state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment in cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics and structural biology. The IBS is one of the founders of the Partnership for Structural Biology (PSB) with prestigious European institutes: the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF), the ILL neutron scattering facilities, and the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) Grenoble outstation, all located at the same campus, offering a strong international environment. Within the IBS, the candidate will join the “Microscopic Imaging of Complex Assemblies” (MICA) group, https://www.ibs.fr/fr/recherche/assemblage-dynamique-et-reactivite/groupe-imagerie-microscopique-d-assemblages-complexes-i-gutsche/?lang=en
Contraintes et risques
Research will be carried out in either French or English, although non-French-speaking candidates are expected to make every effort to learn the basics of French in order to facilitate communication and integration into the laboratory.
Experience between 0 and 10 years.