Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5048-FLOLEP-010
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Around € 2500 gross per month
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Our laboratory develops functional 3D DNA origami nanostructures to recapitulate and to probe fundamental aspects in biology. You will develop two main projects:
1) development of new DNA nanotechnology based tools for membrane protein structural biology by Cryo-Electron Microscopy.
2) Engineering new DNA-based nano-machines and nano-robots design.
The project is funded through the EpiGenMed post-doctoral program.
- Design and self-assembly of 3D DNA origami nanostructures.
- Engineering of DNA-based nano-machines and characterisation by Electron Microscopy.
- Structural determination of membrane protein by Cryo-Electron Microscopy.
Applicants must have a Ph.D., be highly motivated, and should have a strong background in Biochemistry/Chemistry or in Biophysics/Structural-Biology. Experience in the field of Electon Microscopy is highly desirable.
This work is part of an ongoing collaborative research projects with the team of Sebastien Granier at IGF, Montpellier ( https://www.igf.cnrs.fr/index.php/fr/h-teams- fr/h-granier-fr ).
The lab will provide opportunity for creative persons to strongly influence the direction of his/hers projects and we are looking for persons that can contribute with their own ideas and proposals. The candidate will be actively involved in interdisciplinary research with the biophysical community in the Montpellier area.
Constraints and risks
The position is for a 12 month duration initially and can be renewed for additional 12 months.
Please submit resume, motivation letter and letter of recommendation.
We talk about it on Twitter!