Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5001-VALLAN0-049
Workplace : ST MARTIN D HERES,ST MARTIN D HERES
Date of publication : Saturday, October 17, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2 648 € and 3 768 € (depending on experience)
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The geoscientists will be in charge of reconstructing the ice flow of glaciers emitting from Greenland and Antarctica from satellite data in order to improve estimates of the mass balance of the polar ice caps. This mission will be part of the ANR SOSIce project.
- Development of a processing line to estimate glacier flow velocities
- Calculation of thickness changes from multi-sensor data (ground-penetration radar, lidar, stereo image, gravimetry)
- Data fusion, data-mining and big data analysis for mass change calculation
- Data assimilation in an ice flow model
- Writing of articles in peer-reviewed journals, activity report
- Presentation in international conferences
- Expert in remote sensing related to the cryosphere (InSAR interferometry, correlation of SAR or optical images, gravimetry, GPR, Lidar)
- Good knowledge of cryosphere issues in general, and the polar ice caps in particular.
- Experience with multi-sensor satellite and airborne data, Ames Stereo Pipeline, Gamma Software, GeoSoft processing chains.
- IDL/ENVI, Python, Fortran, Git
- Fluent English level C1/C2
The Institute for Environmental Geosciences (IGE) is a public research laboratory under the supervision of CNRS/INSU, IRD, the University of Grenoble Alpes (UGA) and Grenoble-INP.
It brings together about 240 people, including 145 permanent members (researchers, teacher-researchers, engineers) and about 95 doctoral students, post-doctoral fellows and staff on fixed-term contracts. The laboratory also welcomes several dozen trainees and scientific visitors each year. The laboratory is located on three sites of the Grenoble University Campus (Molière, OSUG-B, and Bergès sites).
The IGE is one of the main laboratories of the Observatoire des Sciences de l'Univers de Grenoble (OSUG) which is a federative structure of the INSU.
The researcher will carry out his/her mission within the IGE's CryoDyn team and will be placed under the responsibility of J. Mouginot.
Constraints and risks
The research will be conducted in either French or English, however it is expected that the non-French speaking candidate will strive to learn the basics of French in order to facilitate communication and integration in the laboratory.
We talk about it on Twitter!