Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR3589-VALMAS-003
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Saturday, February 08, 2020
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 9 months
Expected date of employment : 1 April 2020
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 3729€ and 3900€ gross salary depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
This postdoctoral position is funded by the climate services convention project.The objective is to quantify the uncertainties linked to the use of a statistical-dynamical downscalling method to estimate the effects of urban scenarios on the urban heat island and its impacts.
The postdoctoral researcher will evaluate how urban scenarios (such as green roofs, urban expansion) modify the urban heat island near the surface and above the surface boundary layer. This will be done in coupled mode with the atmospheric mdoel MesoNH for weather types for which large impacts are expected.
- atmospheric simulations at high resolution (250m) with the MesoNH model over Paris region
- management of urban scenarios for use in MesoNH model
- evaluation of meteorological impacts (urban heat island at 2m and 50m) and other impacts (energy consumption, thermal comfort, ...)
- - analysis of the influence of the scenarios on the urban heat island at 50m, and its implications on the use of a downscalling method from regional climate mdoel to urban scale (developed int he project)
- finalizatino of results
- modelling with the atmospheric model MesoNH
- python or R languages
- PhD in atmospheric sciences
- knowledge in atmospheric boundary layer and fluxes between surface and atmosphere.
- capability to work in a research team
- Work will be done in VILLE team of CNRM
- office hours work
We talk about it on Twitter!