Reference : UMR3244-MARLAV-002
Workplace : PARIS 05
Date of publication : Friday, September 23, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 24 months
Expected date of employment : 1 December 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2536 and 3095 € gross salary per month depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
The scientific manager will, on one hand, assist the department for projects building, writing and monitoring, establishing and communicating the scientific strategies, the managing of European projects and of the scientific evaluation processes of the department, under the authority of the department director and of the co-director (3 days/week). On the other hand, the scientific manager will assist the team of Céline Vallot (2 days/week), within this department, for the managing of European and national projects, the promotion of the team's achievements, as well as the managing of the programs involving the study of patients samples.
- Assist in building and monitoring of scientific projects
- Assist in managing of the programs involving the study of patients samples
- Assist in organizing events, estblishng and following of the actions relating to scientific and operational strategies of the department, both internally and in relation with the scientific community
- Take in charge the communication to optimize and increase the department's visibility
Training and experience required
- The position requires constant taking initiative internally and externally involving relations with national and international research institutions;
- You should hold a PhD and ideally a complementary training or significant hands-on in project management and/or scientific communication (good practice of communication tools : websites, social networks…);
- You have good writing skills, both in French and in English ;
- You have a strong personal appetite for research support and are therefore able to install mutual trust and close collaboration between the research teams and the administrative supports ;
- You like collaborative work ;
- You have excellent organization skills.
- Dynamism, proactivity, creativity;
- Autonomy, rigor and reactivity;
- Excellent personal relations, diplomacy, negociation ability ;
- Strong motivation and personal interest for research.
Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a Hospital Group and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
The teams of this department (UMR3244, https://curie.fr/unite/umr3244) aim at better understanding the mechanisms that maintain genome integrity, such as replication, repair and recombination, as well as the role of long non coding RNAs and the maintenance of epigenome in cancerogenesis.
Institut Curie Research Center is committed to developing basic research excellence, designed to meet all scientific and technological challenges, and push the boundaries of knowledge, thus contributing to improving the fight against cancer. It fosters an environment of interdisciplinarity, mutual inspiration, and collaboration with clinicians to establish partnerships, both in France and worldwide.
L'objectif du Centre de recherche de l'institut Curie est de développer la recherche fondamentale et d'utiliser les connaissances produites pour améliorer le diagnostic, le pronostic, la thérapeutique des cancers dans le cadre du continuum entre la recherche fondamentale et l'innovation au service du malade.
Les équipes de cette unité (UMR3244, https://curie.fr/unite/umr3244) ont pour objectif de mieux comprendre les mécanismes de maintenance de l'intégrité du génome, tels que la réplication, la réparation et la recombinaison, ainsi que le rôle de l'expression génomique non codante et la maintenance de l'épigénome dans la cancérogénèse.
Le Centre de recherche de l'Institut Curie développe une recherche fondamentale d'excellence destinée à relever tous les défis scientifiques et technologiques, repousser les frontières du savoir et ainsi, contribuer à améliorer la lutte contre le cancer. Il crée un environnement favorisant l'interdisciplinarité, l'inspiration mutuelle, la collaboration avec les cliniciens ainsi que l'ouverture aux partenariats, en France et partout dans le monde.
We talk about it on Twitter!