Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UAR6402-CHRDUR-128
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Monday, November 15, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 12 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2097 and 2423 € gross monthly according to diploma and experience
Desired level of education : Engineer
Experience required : Indifferent
The Computing Centre of IN2P3 (CC-IN2P3) is recruiting an engineer in charge of the support to the Euclid experiment in order to setup the production infrastructure and assist users. Euclid is a European Space Agency mission for cosmology observation that will be launched end of 2022 (https://euclid-france.fr). CC-IN2P3 is one of the 9 processing centers of the science ground segment of the Euclid mission. The support group at CC-IN2P3 is in charge of the interface between the experiments and the computing experts of the Computing Centre.
The candidate will work in an advanced technological environment, within a unit made of a about 80 collaborators. He/she will collaborate closely with the CC-IN2P3 teams to manage the interface with the Euclid mission. His or her main functions will be:
• Participation in the setup of the Euclid data processing architecture (computing, storage, etc.) within the CC-IN2P3 and at the level of the science ground segment of the Euclid mission, in collaboration with the teams involved in data processing.
• Technical support to the computing activities of the Euclid experiment, in collaboration with the CC-IN2P3 experts: administration of services, activities monitoring, resources management, etc.
• Support for the integration, validation and optimisation of scientific programs into the production infrastructure.
• User support, in particular to members of the Euclid experiment.
• General support tasks for users of the Computing Centre.
The position to be filled requires various technical skills. Candidates will have skills in several of the following fields:
• Good knowledge of Unix systems and shells.
• Experience with programming languages such as C++ or Python.
• Knowledge of distributed computing: batch systems, grids, clouds, ...
• Knowledge of computing architecture and tools used in research collaborations.
• Notions of optimization of a data processing algorithm.
• Technical skills of collaborative development (git, gitlab) and deployment (puppet).
• Capacity of self-organization and collective work.
• Adaptability and sense of service.
• English and French (spoken and written).
The candidates ability to acquire the necessary skills will be considered more than their level of expertise.
-The Computing Center of the National Institute for Nuclear and Particle Physics (CC-IN2P3) is a support and research unit of the CNRS. Classified as one of France's research infrastructures, its vocation is to provide computing, storage and processing resources for very large masses of data to researchers involved in corpuscular physics experiments. More than 4000 usersorganized in more than 70 international collaborations use its services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. [More information: http://cc.in2p3.fr].
The service desk activities are carried out during the working hours of the unit.
Constraints and risks
Possibilities of short duration travel in France and abroad.
We talk about it on Twitter!