Reference : UAR3721-AYMDIN-001
Nombre de Postes : 1
Workplace : VILLEURBANNE
Date of publication : Friday, January 20, 2023
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 36 months
Expected date of employment : 6 March 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : starting at 2830 gross monthly, adjustable based on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
This postdoctoral position will first consist in an in-depth survey of the existing literature on the geological contexts associated with the various materials to be tracked down, and on ore processing steps of the nuclear fuel cycle. The research will then mainly focuses on coupled analytical developments allowing to test various potential tracers. Should specific isotopic signatures to be found, they will be followed by a thorough investigation of fundamental understanding as well as setting up laboratory experiments on synthetic materials to test the corresponding hypothesis.
- Literature review on geological contexts.
- Work in clean lab to develop analytical procedures to separate elements and reach high levels of purification allowing high precision isotope measurements on various systems.
- Analytical development of high-precision isotope measurement techniques by MC-ICMPS and TIMS.
- Interpretation of the data, set up of synthetic experiments.
- Experience in handling uranium rich materials would be appreciated.
- Strong experience in working in clean lab developing chemical procedures is required.
- Strong experience in working on TIMS and MC-ICPMS is required.
- Writing reports and articles.
The position will take place at the Laboratoire de Géologie de Lyon (LGL-TPE) which is divided on 3 sites (Doua, ENS de Lyon, and Université de Saint Etienne) and bring ~150 people together. The postdoctoral position will be part of the UAR at the OSU of Lyon (which includes the LGL), while the activity will take place at ENS de Lyon site of the LGL.
We talk about it on Twitter!