Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : IRL2006-ROLPEL-001
Workplace : DC 20010 WASHINGTON,DC 20010 WASHINGTON
Date of publication : Thursday, February 18, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 11 March 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2648,79 et 3054,06 euros/ month (gross pay) depending upon experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
the successful candidate will have to apply the principles of statistical physics to cities and develop a software for analyzing and forecasting urban resilience in the context of climate change.
- collection of urban data, formatting (main task)
- development of integrated software for various applications, in particular concerning urban resilience and public health in urban areas (main task)
- software ergonomics (secondary task to be carried out in collaboration)
- interaction with potential investors (secondary task)
- skills in statistical physics of condensed matter and numerical simulation methods (Monte-Carlo in various statistical ensembes)
- formatting of urban texture data, public health data
- development of a User-friendly code ”, integrating the various applications concerning the forecasting of climate and health risks, transferable to all platforms: (multi-core, clusters, grids), in languages (Binary, Python, C ++, etc. )
- International Research Lab, EPiDaPO (Joint CNRS - Georgetown University unit, Washington DC, US).
Constraints and risks
We talk about it on Twitter!