Intitulé de l'offre : Research engineer position (IPSL/LSCE) / Project manager for the coordination of the CLIMERI-France research infrastructure on climate modeling (M/F) (H/F)
Référence : FR636-EVEMAG-129
Nombre de Postes : 1
Lieu de travail : GUYANCOURT
Date de publication : mardi 9 janvier 2024
Type de contrat : CDD Technique/Administratif
Durée du contrat : 24 mois
Date d'embauche prévue : 1 mars 2024
Quotité de travail : Temps complet
Rémunération : From 2866,33 to 3491.06 € gross agent according to experience
Niveau d'études souhaité : Niveau 8 - (Doctorat)
Expérience souhaitée : Indifférent
BAP : Sciences du vivant, de la terre et de l'environnement
Emploi type : Ingénieur-e de recherche en environnements géo-naturels et anthropisés
The objective of the position is to contribute to the coordination and scientific activity of the national climate modeling research infrastructure (RI) CLIMERI-France and to the development of the European dimension of the research infrastructure, ENES-RI. He will work in close collaboration with the national RI steering committee and with the European RI coordination team. The mission is essentially a mission of coordination and monitoring of activities in support of national and European climate modeling activities, in an international context of carrying out reference simulations, sharing data from numerical simulations and sharing skills around of software.
Concerning the CLIMERI-France national infrastructure, the main activities will be to:
• Coordinate the implementation of the various RI actions, in conjunction with its scientific committee, and participate in the running of these actions;
• Prepare annual activity monitoring and budget documents for the Ministry of research and the RI institutions;
• Coordinate the interface with various scientific and technical national and international activities closely linked to the RI, and with computing resources;
• Articulate the activities of the RI with those of the new PEPR (priority exploratory research program and equipment) on climate modeling, TRACCS, by joining the team of TRACCS program managers.
• Coordinate and draft scientific and technical summary or foresight documents.
Concerning the European level and the preparation of the ENES-RI infrastructure, the project manager will work in close collaboration with the ENES-RI coordination. Its main activities will be to:
• Coordinate interactions with partners and working groups of the ENES-RI infrastructure;
• Coordinate the preparation of the association status and the implementation of the new structure;
• Interface with international climate modeling projects and more broadly with the modeling activities of the World Climate Research Program relevant to ENES-RI.
• Holder of a PhD in climate sciences; thesis and post-doctoral experience desired in the field of climate modeling
• Taste for coordination and synthesis, including scientific and technical documents on climate modeling
• Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure numerous written and oral exchanges at national and European level
• Autonomy, reliability, organizational rigor and responsiveness, capacity for synthesis
• Experience and great ability to work in a team
• English: very good oral and written skills
Contexte de travail
CLIMERI-France is the national research infrastructure for climate modeling, included on the national roadmap since 2016. Its mission is to carry out, by French research teams, international numerical simulations of the World Climate Research Program, making their results available to various user communities and sharing developments and expertise on software tools, in connection with the technological and IT evolution of supercomputers and databases. The results of these experiments constitute one of the scientific bases of the reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). These experiments aim to understand the functioning of the climate system, to evaluate the capabilities of climate models by defining standard experiments, to support studies of mechanisms and processes and to produce projections of future climate change. They serve as a reference for research for the climate science community but also for studies of the impact of climate change in different sectors (agriculture, ecosystems, water, energy, health, etc.). These experiments also serve as a reference for climate services under development. The RI CLIMERI-France includes the development and maintenance of the two national modeling platforms, that of the Institut Pierre Simon Laplace in the Paris area and that of Météo-France and CERFACS in Toulouse, the development of pre- and post-processing, carrying out simulations associated with international experiments and making the results available.
The CLIMERI-France RI is closely linked to the European research infrastructure, ENES-RI, currently being built by the European network ENES, European Network for Earth System modeling. ENES-RI is established as a continuation of the European IS-ENES (Infrastructure for the European Network for Earth System modeling) projects supported by Europe from 2009 to 2023 and coordinated by France. The ENES-RI research infrastructure, as a continuation of the IS-ENES projects, supports the European contribution to the sharing of data from international simulations and the sharing of software. It allows coordination and synergy of the different European modeling groups and data centers contribution to the international activity.
Fixed-term position for 2 years at CNRS, with possible extension. The person will be part of the Institut Pierre Simon Laplace and his position will be located on the site of the Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement in Gif-sur-Yvette, on the Paris-Saclay site.
Contraintes et risques