Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR6296-BARERV-004
Workplace : AUBIERE
Date of publication : Monday, November 19, 2018
Scientific Responsible name : Barbara Ervens
Type of Contract : PhD Student contract / Thesis offer
Contract Period : 36 months
Start date of the thesis : 1 January 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 1 768,55 € gross monthly
Description of the thesis topic
- Review of existing data on microbial processes in aqueous media; classification of data
- Development of a scheme describing microbial processes to be included in an existing cloud model
- Sensitivity studies with a cloud process model to identify most uncertain parameters and missing data
- Simulation of case studies for scenarios at the Puy de Dôme using process, mesoscale and/or regional models
- MSc or equivalent in atmospheric science, chemistry or physics or related scientific discipline
- Ability to work with laboratory and field scientists to discuss experimental data
- Background in cloud chemistry, biology and/or physics
- Knowledge of Fortran or other common programming language
- Good command of both written and spoken English
The group Biometa (Cloud Group) at the Institute for Chemistry (ICCF), University Clermont-Auvergne, is seeking a PhD student to extend existing process models to describe biological processes in clouds.
The research group is the leading group to analyze data from the near-by Puy de Dôme (France) and other locations for biological cloud water and aerosol constituents. The current project will complement these activities by developing models to describe the role of microbiota in clouds on various scales.
The position is funded by the French National Research Agency (Agence Nationale de la Recherche, ANR) under the 'Investments for the Future' program, within the framework of the initiative 'Make Our Planet Great Again'.
We talk about it on Twitter!