Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UMR5628-DAVMUN-001
Workplace : GRENOBLE
Date of publication : Tuesday, February 05, 2019
Scientific Responsible name : David Muñoz-Rojas, Josep Puigmartí-Luis
Type of Contract : PhD Student contract / Thesis offer
Contract Period : 36 months
Start date of the thesis : 1 April 2019
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : 1 768,55 € gross monthly
Description of the thesis topic
The candidate will be involved in a Chair of Excellence project where microfluidic environments mimicking bio-inspired conditions (controlled reaction and diffusion of reagents) will be used to control the synthetic of functional materials on surfaces. A fundamental challenge to bring functional materials such as MOFs and COFs to the next level is obtaining and controlling their synthesis on surfaces and in all dimensions, and this will be the focus of this PhD project.
• Organic synthesis of new molecular building blocks
• Study the self-assembly of functional matter in microfluidic environments
• Characterization of the materials synthetized spectroscopically and with diffraction techniques.
• Publication of results in scientific journals and presentation at international conferences
• Master in chemistry, materials science or in a related area
• Skills and expertise in organic synthesis (and/or physical organic chemistry)
• Knowledge of basic spectroscopy (XRD, SEM, TEM, UV-Vis, CD, Fluorescence)
• Good knowledge of English
We offer a challenging position in the largest research institution in France, with outstanding infrastructure and an interdisciplinary surrounding. Full-time PhD position with an adjusted salary accordingly to French standards. The position is available upon agreement.
The PhD will be supervised by Dr. David Muñoz-Rojas and Dr. Josep Puigmartí-Luis. It will be carried in Grenoble in the laboratory LMGP. The project is funded by the Nanoscience Foundation and involves collaboration with other labs in Grenoble (I. Néel mainly) and international partners in Spain and Japan.
We talk about it on Twitter!