Faites connaître cette offre !
Reference : UPR8001-PETWIE-004
Workplace : TOULOUSE
Date of publication : Friday, January 01, 2021
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 1 February 2021
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : between 2648,79€ and 3050€ monthly gross salary, based upon experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
Data size and functionality requirements for computing continue to increase, and this is particularly true for emerging distributed computing paradigms for the Internet of Things, such as Edge Computing and Fog Computing. Vertical gate-all-around nanowire field effect transistors currently under development allow a truly 3D layout configuration to continue to scale the gate length and benefit from scaling improvements to energy-efficiency. While technology-computer aided design (TCAD) is indispensable now particularly for the early stages of industrial research and development, we face the situation that conventional continuum models lose their predictivity when going towards the nano-scale and towards the very low temperature processes required for 3D sequential integration. These models ill-suited to support the technology development of nanoscale devices, especially with 1D nanostructures, where a better understanding of the phenomena at nanoscale should first start with experimental test cases. Due to the interplay between (i) interfaces depending on crystal orientation, (ii) strain distribution at nanoscale and (iii) high surface/volume ratio, detailed experimental studies need to be conducted to enhance the comprehension of the vertical nanowire-based system.
To overcome the insufficient state of models and tools for a predictive simulation of low-temperature processing of silicon and germanium nanosized structures, dedicated experimental investigations will be performed in the framework of the H2020 MUNDFAB project (https://www.mundfab.eu/).
Fabrication and integration of vertical Si, and SiGe nanowires will be addressed in detail through physical, electrical and chemical characterizations in order to get a better insight in the growth mechanisms (oxidation, metal diffusion, heat in laser annealing) and later to the integration issues relative to the associated devices.
- Nanofabrication of vertical silicon-based and germanium-based nanostructures (nanowires) by top-down approach.
- Experimental studies of the silicidation and oxidation of the patterned 1D-nanostructures.
- Structural (SEM, FIB) and electrical characterization
- Exchange with specialists in high resolution microscopy (HR-TEM + chemical analysis) and in modeling for a detailed understanding of the underlying physical mechanisms.
- Process route development of Vertical Field Effect Transistors integrating the new process modules.
- PhD in nanotechnology, nanoelectronics (obtained in the last three years).
- Successful demonstrations of nanofabrication in a clean room environment are mandatory as well as a strong taste of experimental work. Knowledge of e-beam lithography processing is a plus.
- Ability to fluidly write and speak in English language. (international meetings, reporting and exchanges in the framework of the European project, paper writing).
- Good team-work capacity (interactions with other members of the project consortium as well as with technical staff)
With a large number of permanent researchers, engineers and PhD students as well as strong interactions with industry, the LAAS-CNRS is situated at the crossing between scientific research, innovation and applications. The LAAS-CNRS possesses one of the most important technological installations dedicated to research in France, with an ultra-modern cleanroom of 1600m².
The project will mainly be carried out in the host laboratory in Toulouse, but the post-doc researcher will work in a very stimulating context of international research within the framework of a European project.
Please provide a CV, a list of publications, a statement of research interest (one page) as well as 2-3 references with telephone number and e-mail.
Candidatures with experience less than 2 years after PhD are preferred but not limited to. Candidates with more experience will be also considered.
We talk about it on Twitter!