Reference : UPR3021-ISAZOL-052
Workplace : ORLEANS
Date of publication : Friday, November 18, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Scientist
Contract Period : 18 months
Expected date of employment : 2 January 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : gross monthly salary between 2805€ and 3964€ depending on experience
Desired level of education : PhD
Experience required : Indifferent
At the CNRS, at the ICARE UPR3021 laboratory, located on the CNRS campus in Orléans, the candidate will be responsible for conducting experimental work on the combustion of hydrogen at low temperature. In particular, the impact of low temperatures on the flammability domain and on the fundamental properties of premixed flames
The project has two components:
- determination of the low temperature hydrogen flammability range; and
- determination of the fundamental properties of low temperature H2/air premix flames.
The candidate will have to conduct combustion experiments in the facilities of the "Shock Wave" team of the ICARE laboratory and use combustion parameter calculation codes (COSILAB, CANTERA, CHEMKIN). The candidate will be in charge of the low temperature implementation on the existing facilities.
The candidate must have :
- A doctorate in Combustion or Energy or Chemistry-Physics of reactive systems.
- Solid background on combustion, and/or energy and/or chemical combustion kinetics, and /or reactive fluid dynamics
- Solid background in detailed chemical kinetics modeling
- Skills in scientific digital tools: Matlab, Python, Labview
- Skills in Combustion specific codes: Chemkin, Cantera, Cosilab
- Language proficiency: fluent English, "Shock Waves" team is international
- Ability to work in a team on multi-disciplinary projects
- Writing skills: Synthesis reports, publications in international journals and international conferences
The applicant will be conducting the research work in the framework of an international project, CONCERT-JAPAN, in collaboration with different partners (Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Kwansei Gakuin University, IRSN, CNRS-ICARE). The research work will be carried out at the ICARE laboratory, a unit of the CNRS in Orléans, as part of the "Shock wave" team.
Different experimental facilities will be used dedicated to the study of flames. It is coupled with many diagnostics: fast pressure sensors, gas phase micro-gas chromatographer, fast imaging system, fast particle image velocimetry system. The candidate will be in charge of the low temperature implementation on the existing facilities.
Constraints and risks
- Short-term travel to France and abroad (Japan, Germany) for progress meetings
- Travel abroad to present the work at international conferences
We talk about it on Twitter!